Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 2

St. Louis to Indianapolis

We left St. Louis this morning at 9...somewhat of a miracle for us. I guess when you don't sleep so well (thanks, Drew), it's easier to get up. Scott had a weak moment and agreed to let me drive. For some reason, he feels it is necessary to repeat everything that the lady on the gps says. ugh. Once we got on I-70, I didn't turn one place where I was supposed to. I thought going the back way was quaint. However, when we stopped to get gas, I came out of the restroom and he was sitting behind the wheel. I made it 30 minutes. I can't say that I mind. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned that I really can't see with my new contacts either.

We stopped in Vandalia, Il. I had read that there is a fire breathing dragon there. You just have to go to the liquor store and buy a token for a dollar. The first one was free, so we got to see the dragon breathe fire twice for a buck.
We got back on the road after our five minute party with the dragon and headed toward Indy.

We got to our hotel early afternoon. We're staying at the Omni Severin. What a great place! The employees are so nice and the facility is gorgeous. The best part is that Cole got a roll away bed, so Drew gets a bed to himself. :) Life is good.

We went to an early dinner at Rams Sports Bar and Grill in downtown Indy. Their downtown area is really neat. At dinner, we met Scott's best friend growing up, Paul and his wife Angele. Paul had poker night at his house, so he had to leave after awhile, but Angele got to stay and visit with us. She went back to the hotel with us and hung out at the pool while the kids swam. I wish they lived closer! We're going to try to stop by Paul's company in the morning for a tour before we head to Canton.

No comments:

Post a Comment